Am I a good student? Sometimes, I don't know. I'm, unfortunately, a huge fan of doing enough work to get a respectable grade but not putting my whole self into the project. I think this comes from 12 years in grade school where I could skate by with little to no studying and end up with pretty decent grades. Did I leave high school with a 4.0? Nope. Do I care? Not really. And sometimes, it makes me wonder if I care ENOUGH.
Well, this summer, I have decided to change that.
While I'm in Cambridge, I have decided to dedicate myself (yes, REALLY dedicate myself) to my studies. Does this mean I won't have fun and know when to take a break? No. It's just that my pattern will be flip-flopped; normally, I play a lot and take a break to study. :) Not this time--I'm determined to put forth an incredible amount of effort, and totally kick butt in my classes. I know I didn't get into this program because of my grades. I got in because of the faith and confidence of my professor, and his stellar recommendation. So, I have decided to live up to his expectations and leave Cambridge feeling like I did everything I possibly could to live up to his recommendation.
To be honest-I'm excited about this adventure. It will be fun to see what I can actually do when I... well, STUDY.
So, Derek and I are going to test out President Brigham Young's advice: 8 hours of sleep, 8 hours of play, and 8 hours of work. Everyday (except Sunday) I will dedicate at least 8 hours of my time to studying.
Ok-I wrote it down.
Now it's official.
Check back with me in a few months, and I'll let you know how it went.
No comments:
Post a Comment