16 September 2009

today at work

I came across a funny story. Just thought I'd share it, for fun.
It was in the Laron, Illinois Home Journal on August 2, 1882.

A french lady died at the advanced age of 90, Her will contain[ed] this provision: "I leave my physician, whose enlighten[ne]d care and wise prescriptions have made me live so long, all that is contained in the oaken chest in my boudoir. The key of the chest will be found under the mattress of my bed." The heirs were much disturbed, for they foresaw a material diminution of their share of the property. the fortunate and expectant physician at length arrived. The notary delivered to him the key of the chest. It was opened, and found to contain solely all the drugs and potions, still intact, which the worthy physician had given his patient for twenty years back.

What a lovely surprise. :-)

No comments: